10 ton gantry crane is a heavy duty crane. During its working, it is possible to happe to overturn. And do you know how to prevent this gantry luffing crane from tipping over? Today Nucleon crane's engineer will talk about this topic. We should do as the following:
1. The road on which the crane travels must be flat, solid and reliable, and the parking location must be flat. Underground soft soil layers and foundation pits shall be compacted and reinforced. The road surface shall be flat and solid. When necessary, the tracked parts of the cranes shall be laid with sleepers, roadbed boxes or thick steel rails.
2. The slings and rings of the lashing members shall be calculated. The lifting tools used shall be inspected and checked regularly to replace the damaged ones. The lashing method should be correct and reliable to prevent the sling from being broken or slipping off from the component during hoisting, causing the crane to suddenly lose weight and tip over.
3. Vertical and large components, must find out the weight and bandage reliable. Unknown weight and loosely bound components must not be hoisted to prevent the arm boom from breaking.
4. When the 10 ton gantry crane is lifting the components, the sling should be kept vertical, and it shall not be slanted and extended beyond the slewing radius of the crane so as to avoid overloading and the rope slipping off or breaking the rope, which will cause the crane to lose stability. When lifting heavy components, pull ropes should be provided. When the crane is vertical, the boom should be lifted, lowered and turned smoothly. It must not be shaken in the air.
5. At the same time, 10 ton gantry crane should avoid emergent braking or impact vibration. No reliable technical measures have been taken, such as adding a balance weight to the rear of the crane, pulling the wind rope behind the crane, and not being approved by the relevant technical department. Cranes are strictly prohibited from overloading, so as not to accelerate the wear of mechanical parts and cause the crane to tip over.